Dolly Parton is truly an icon in every sense of the word.
1. Dolly Parton | 07.30.16, Scottrade Center, St. Louis
Truly an icon in every sense of the word. Dolly’s performance was magical. In light of recent events in Gatlinburg, the singer deserves to be nominated for sainthood.
2. Mary J. Blige/Maxwell | 11.12.16, Chaifetz Arena, St. Louis
Mary J. gave me my life back with her passionate performance, and Maxwell made me want run home to make babies. Both performers gave me all the feels.
3. I Love the ’90s Tour | 10.07.16, Chaifetz Arena, St. Louis
One word: Spinderella.
4. Band of Horses | 11.30.16, The Pageant, St. Louis
This was my first time seeing Band of Horsees, and it won’t be my last. They made me a fan for life with their emotionally real performance.
5. Jessica Hernandez and the Deltas | 09.18.16, The Firebird, St. Louis
Any band that has a trombonist gets mad love from me. Hernandez’s insanely good vocals made me fall in love with her even more.
6. Halestorm/Shinedown | 07.23.16, Hollywood Casino Amphitheater, St. Louis
Both bands made me throw caution to the wind and head bang—my chiropractor be damned!
7. Diane Coffee | 03.04.16, Off Broadway, St. Louis
Hippy-trippy vibes and a very passionate performance make me want another cup.
8. Parachute | 05.07.16, The Old Rock House, St. Louis
This intimate venue was the perfect setting for me to be introduced to this amazingly upbeat and talented band.
9. NEEDTOBREATHE | 10.29.16, Chaifetz Arena, St. Louis
Positive vibes for everyone! This band knows how to rock and how to make you feel good.
10. The Summer Set | 04.21.16, The Ready Room, St. Louis
Not only was I blown away by the positive vibe of the band, I was destroyed by the group’s drummer, Jess Bowen. | Jim Ryan